Coming in 2017

Get ready for The Road to Nowhere book 3!

Thursday, March 23, 2017

The Road to Nowhere, Book 3 Update

I hope everyone has been enjoying their new year so far, as much as I have been. I have exciting news for fan’s of the Road to Nowhere. The official publishing date for the last book in the series is Friday October 13, 2017.  I don’t intend for it to be rescheduled for a later date. This year, I’ve made some last minute changes in the novel, and introduced a new character that will have their own stand-alone book.

As many of you know, my wife helped construct various plot points, created the character “Michael” and helped with re-writes in book 1 of the Road to Nowhere, during book 2 she was less involved, as her school schedule interfered with helping with the project, however she didn’t want to take credit for any involvement. I’d like to put her down as a co-author for book 3, if she’ll let me. Book 1 remains highly rated and I’ve received more positive feedback for it than book 2. Thank you to everyone who has placed a review, as I learn and develop from what seems to work. 

In this final book of The Road to Nowhere, I’ve made sure to close open ends and answer the questions that John had about his past.  Although the Road to Nowhere series ends and delivers closure for John, I felt that the apocalyptic world that he lived in was still unfinished. This is where the new character comes in. The story about her will close up the some of the loose ends, and will be placed in the same apocalyptic world, with the Kurus, but will take off where John’s series ends.

---
I’ve been extremely busy lately and haven’t been able to blog. I might be creating an Instagram soon, only because it will be easier to just upload a photo and show what’s going on in my life. I’ll post a link once it’s up later next month. 

I’m getting back into Firefighting. It’s something I’ve missed doing, and the time feels right for me to enter that career path once again. One of the reasons why I chose Fire Dispatching instead, was because I didn’t want to be away from home during my 24 hour shifts. My daughter is older (8, can you believe it?), and with my wife’s encouragement, I believe our marriage will survive through those times when I’m away and can’t be with her. We’re opening a new chapter of our own in our life and we’re closer than ever. I feel lucky to have married my best friend who has stood by my side throughout all these years. We’ll be celebrating our 9th anniversary this coming April. 

We both have a hectic month ahead. She has a trip she has to take early in April, and I have one I have to take around April 28th-31st in Washington state for the (CPAT)—a firefighting physical test as well as the written test. 

I’ve released chapter 1 & 2 of book 3 on this blog, and will release chapter 3 next week. I’ll try to keep the chapters coming at least once a month on this blog, until The Road to Nowhere: Paths taken is fully and officially released in October.

Have a beautiful day everyone. Thank you for all the love the Road to Nowhere has received so far! 

-Lee Argus