I want to say talk to you later this year, but I can’t promise I can refrain from the addiction of blogging. I will say; there’s still much to do, so I won’t be able to blog often.
The Road to Nowhere will be an ongoing series. Every year you should expect something new in the world of “John”-
- Chance Escape was written while I was a freshman in college. It was most recently published in 2011, but it is temporarily unavailable. It has a generally speaking, large male and female following. I’m surprised being that it was written several years ago, it has stood the test of time. Thank you to everyone who has enjoyed it and given it a rating over its last publications. This book has been altered and now has four more new chapters and a ten page epilogue whereas the previous version did not. It is now over 360 pages 8x 5 standard print.
- The Road to Nowhere- was published as a half book, but will soon be published as a full length novel. Due to difficulties of finding an editor, the book was unable to be published as a full length novel. With the most recent editor, the part that had explained why the term “Kuru” was used had been deleted. This has now been fixed. Note: I give my editors the ability to add or take away if needed. The sentence where Stephanie had been wearing makeup has also been removed. Perhaps the editor thought it would appeal to the feminine audience. I was disappointed to find this out and it is now fixed. The action begins again with the second half and slightly veers away from the relationship that John had developed with Rachel and becomes more similar to chapter one.
- The next release will be Down & Out.
- Before Chance Escape and the Road to Nowhere was published, there was a title called, The Steel Web. This was in 2010. I had it available for a while, but un-published when I moved to California. I didn’t hire an editor for it, but once I hire a good one, it will be on the to-do list for him/her. I plan to re-publish it early next year. I will be creating a page for it soon. If you’re into heavy gore then you’ll like this psychological thriller. This book is not for everyone. It has an 18+/SMR (Mature Readers Suggested) rating.
- Chance Escape and the Road to Nowhere have a 16+/SMR (Mature Readers Suggested) rating.
- Rating: What does that mean? Well, I’ve decided to give my books an aged-based rating. A 16+ means I recommend that the reader is at least 16 years old due to reasons I will have listed. Basically this is a rating for parents so they don’t have to read the whole book to find out there’s graphic violence, light use of profanity… that sort of thing. Each book will have an aged-based rating along with the listed details as to why it was rated as so. Hope this helps the parents who’ve emailed me with concerns. Karen aged-rating was a wonderful idea. Thanks!
- Will I loose sales this way? It’s possible, but I’d like to be honest about the material in my books. As a parent, I understand other parent’s concerns.
- It is a fact that most authors are against aged-based ratings. Well, I guess I’m not one of them.
- This does not mean that these are teen books, because they’re not. I don’t write teen books, but being that they’re popular, I probably should. I’ll add it on my long list of what I need done.
- Personal Note: I just ate a great salad that had Tofu in it. If you haven’t tried vegan food, you should look up a vegan restaurant, you’ll find that you and your date will have fun trying something both beneficial for your health and tasty.
- Personal backstory: As a child my parents would take me to the drive-in theatres. I’ve made it a habit to take the R.V. and bring my wife and daughter to one. With a small child, it’s easier to enjoy a movie that way. I saw “The Grey” last night.
- Lastly; I have a blog that is intended to help those who are interested in becoming writers and publishing E-Books. I will occasionally post a “How to” article there, but it will be less often than my posts here on my main blog.
- Indie Resources
If your having trouble loading this page, all my posts will be placed at the alternate blog.
- Writer Looking Through the Glass
- Hope you all have a great weekend!